Recommended Reading

spencer_c

I will be trekking in Nepal for a few months so I will have a lot of down time to read.  My list in no specific order for now is:

The Bhagavad Gita

Tao Te Ching

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal

The Man Without Qualities

The Reenchantment of the World

The Story of My Experiments With Truth

Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

The Analects

Shen Gong and Nei Dan in Da Xuan

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/45663958-spencer-currie

This is my full list of my books as well on goodreads if anyone else uses the site and wants to share their profile.

I probably will not be able to read all these, but it's a good start. I have looked through the recommended reading section

and there is just too many books. Does anyone have any specific recommendations based upon this list?

EDIT: Accidentally didn't post this in the Recommended reading section.

• Like 1

Spencer_C - I have moved your topic to the correct sub-forum.  That's a nice list of books, though don't read too much...you'll be in Nepal! 

Thanks for moving the post. I don't plan on reading unless it's when I have down time. I will be trekking for about 2 months so after walking for most of the day

you get a lot of time to sit around. A good book is a good way to end a really long day of hiking.

Thats a very interesting list and im tempted to contribute with many titles. Instead of flooding the topic, i ll be cautious and post a few titles that are my very favorite. Here we go, in random order:

Saikontan/Vegetable roots discourse/master of the three ways (same book)

Loving what is

Nonviolent communication

The immortal by Olson

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried to travel without piles of books (or tapes) and that made my brain loads of good. Clear your mind and good auspicious thoughts will find its way there. If your mind if full with other people's stuff (=thoughts & experiences), you may never make way to get your own ones )))

• Like 1