https://vimeo.com/136117742

The inaugural Neo-Alchemical Conversation (which is Dave interviewing various interesting and virtuous humans he knows) is out.. first cab off the rank is a discussion with Mountain Hammer (aka. Craig Mallett. aka Hammer.) on a modular paradigm we are both calling Re-Enchantment Arts.  Take a peek inside.. 

[DW]

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

Thank you for this. I haven't listened through it all yet, but from the bits and pieces I've seen on both of your sites, in messages around here, etc., I have a feeling that you would enjoy the work of Jiddu Krishnamurti. He comes at things from a slightly different angle, but if you have not already I definitely recommend taking a look (many of his books/talks are available for free online) since I find there are many similarities with daoist and other similar ways of thinking.

Anyways, thanks again. I will listen through this in its entirety later, but I have been meaning to mention Krishnamurti to you two (and I think Kit would enjoy it as well) for some time now, so I just wanted to get that out of the way before I forgot again :)

• Like 1

@Nathan,

Yes, for what it is worth I have read a few book by said author, and generally find his message compelling. I think you will find that you are not the first person on these pages to discover J . Krishnamurti. I would be surprised in fact if not both Dave and Kit had read him, or know of him. He seems to be one people reliably come across after a fair bit of study, much like a E.F. Schumacher in economics.

Many people have tried to articulate the inarticulateable. Ramana Maharshi also comes to mind if you feel the need to inquire further in this vein.

kindly,

Frederik

• Like 2

@ Nathan - I am very familiar with Krisnamurti from long ago.. one of my boyhood influences. I have since developed much stronger influence along a different, but similar, vein.  Thanks for the recommendation and for your kind words.

@ Frederik - I have the exceptional blessing of a direct lineage connection to Sri Ramana Maharshi, in fact..  so yes, you could say I am influenced exceptionally strongly by him(!!). 

• Like 2

Frederik - I figured that might be the case! Of course there are aspects of his writings that don't appeal to me quite as much, but I do find the overall message provides great material for reflection. I will look into Ramana Maharshi - thank you for the suggestion!

Dave - Not a surprise! I hope to work my way through some of the resources on your and Craig's sites in the near future. I have a very push/pull relationship with books of this sort. I only read one of Krishnamurti's books and afterwards I found myself time and again tempted to take up another, but at the same time I felt that the message in its fullness was contained in each book, simply rehashed into different words. So I still have only read one :) I think that we all have the capacity to make those same observations, and spending too much time reading about other people doing it can thwart us from taking the journey ourselves. But of course we may not even consider beginning the journey before reading, so the books certainly have a place.