Liv Pancake Follow-along Class 52 minutes duration VOD

Kit_L

Liv Pancake Follow-along Class 52 minutes duration

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/33261

I decided to shoot a class on the last STfGST workshop in Adelaide; I made the mistake of asking her not to move around (we are still sorting out the most efficient way to do multi-cam live shoots).

Personally, I think she looks pretty relaxed!

And sincere thanks to Adam Durst who 'personned' two of the cameras.

And I will move the class suggestions to the thread on this forum, too, in a minute.

Got it two days ago and it is super solid. My opinion:

1. Really easy to follow - pace is nice (not too slow not too fast), verbal cues are helpful, clear (they are essential when you are for example bent and cannot look at the instructor) and very informative (unlike many follow-along yoga classes where you are supposed to mimic instructor without understanding what he/she is doing)

2. Quality of video and audio is excellet.

3. Structured follow-along classes are great when you are LAZY. Flexible programs like Kit's Mastery series are great but some days I simply feel lazy, tired, I cannot focus on stretching and followable video can help in two ways: it doesnt require thinking (from time to time we all are allowed to not think, right?) and focusing on watching video and listening instructor can help to regain concentration.

Just went through it, absolutely fantastic Kit! Those 52 minutes went by extremely fast!

I tried pancake stretching afterwards, at this point I think it's gracilis holding me back, it's literally the only tight thing I feel when leaning forward...

Just got it! Not followed along fully yet, just looked through the video quickly. Yes, I will do the exercises and whole class soon, but I'd like to express what for me was really precious - seeing an experienced teacher like Olivia giving a whole class. There is so much one can learn about teaching, by watching an actual class given by an experienced teacher, that one does not get either from the shorter demonstration videos (which are not classes), or from being a student in classes oneself (where one is so involved that it is difficult to view it with detachment).

So thank you! I think it will be a very valuable resource for teachers, as well as for practitioners.

Jim.

PS - I think I'll post this to the Vimeo site as well if that's OK, as I guess that a lot of people might not click through to the forums - I am not sure where we are most encouraged to put comments.

Jim, this is a good question, but please post there too while we work this out!

I shot the companion piece to this class yesterday: Liv teaching a Pike prep limbering/stretching class. It's over an hour, and I will not be able to edit it until I get home, I don't think (three streams of 1080p/30 video will, I believe, overwhelm my MacBook Air!). We'll see. I have decided to go to the higher bitrate/larger frame size of "full" HD for all our programs from now on (because I can pull stills for any images I need from the larger frame size, as well as get the higher resolution video this has).

Re. pricing: if enough people buy the classes, we will do OK. In the meantime, I am intent on getting as much of our knowledge base out there in this format as I can. Please share the links to the classes wherever you think people might be interested.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this, thank you. I was able to understand everything and for the first time, the 'underbutt' exercise clicked.

I'm looking forward to future programmes but I probably won't get any that are in black and white (sorry) - I just know from past experience that I'll really struggle to process what's being shown.

I just went through the class myself and wanted to thank you for it. Honestly, I am always a bit sceptical when it comes to video courses but this format really works! All the small cues given just cannot be thought of when doing this stuff alone. Looking forward to the other classes.