Craig

The Impressive and Inspiring Movement/Strength/Flexibility/Dance Thread

Beautiful indeed!! I love Mum too (the Icelandic band's name that recorded that song)

Thanks for the band name. Nice chilled out music.

On that note, Rafael David (instagram) deserves a mention, he is one of the more impressive guys who truly seems to get it done without a background in gymnastics/dance/martial arts. 

On that note, Rafael David (instagram) deserves a mention, he is one of the more impressive guys who truly seems to get it done without a background in gymnastics/dance/martial arts. 

He is impressive, but from what I remember he is very elitist on the movement culture group and is one of the reasons I no longer follow that group.

Seen this pop up in my FB feed a few times, lately. Some really impressive flexibility in here - beautiful back-bend lines!

I've also seen Klokov doing a full front split!!

I saw this recently and was extremely impressed. These weightlifters are so mobile.

• Like 3

Seeing we've had a lot of discussion about side splits in other threads, I thought I'd add a video of how Nadya Vasina (Ukraine) does her morning workout. Prepare to get jealous!

Nadya Vasina morning workout.mp4

Umm - how do you get it to play in a window, and not just download the file? I can put in a link to the source, as its her Facebook page. Failing further information, you will just have to look at the download file, I'm afraid.

OK - I'm putting the link below (thanks Nathan for the suggestion) and will see it it works:

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/надіявасінагімнастка?source=feed_text&story_id=10208064381780334

Edited by Jim Pickles
  • Like 1

@Jim Pickles The download file worked fine for me. You can probably link to the FB post - I would guess that most of us here have a FB account. And yes, a bit jealous!

Another - moving like a cat - its interesting how animals want to join in peoples' flexibility training. Nina Burri, the contortionist from Switzerland who I've posted pics before as the catwoman.

Nina Burri and cat.mp4

or direct link:

https://www.facebook.com/ninaburri/videos/10153658699482073/

(if I try to embed it, it just shows as a blank square).

• Like 1

Was testing my vertical and was curious to see what the highest vertical jump was. This seems to be the highest "official" jump I can find. Michael Jordan had a 48"(122cm) vertical as well so that might be the highest verified vertical. There's a few people in the basketball world claiming 55"(139.7cm)+ verticals but showing no evidence in their videos. 

• Like 3

One, as far as I know, not so well-known form of dance is georgien ballett, which I find extremely impressive. Maybe it's new to some of you too:

And because acrobatic gymnastics seems to be rather unknown too (at least almost no one understands what I do without explaining him what this is), I want to share an example of an acrobatic gymnastics routine too. Its an amazing sport.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2017 at 12:30 AM, Jim Pickles said:

Yes, I did go through that toilet seat, and the tennis racquets too. Jim.

I've never suffered from claustrophobia; but something about the thought of squeezing my body through a tennis racquet or toilet seat, makes me feel like I could probably develop claustrophobic tendencies.