Yes, that's a good way to organize the MP4 files. One might want to add the PDF in the same directory too. I'm considering to combine the MP4 files into one MP4 file to enable continuous play from the beginning to the end (88 mins). For example, there is the free software (i.e., no cost and GPL license) MP4Joiner at http://www.mp4joiner.org/ that is designed for this purpose. I'm very busy at work this week but hope to have a chance to look into it in the weekend or next weekend.

I don't think Vimeo lets you download a "series" in one hit unfortunately.

I set up a directory on my HD and individually saved each episode into it. I then manually gave each episode a rolling number so the folder displays each file in the order of the series:

ScreenShot2014-06-18at70427PM_zpsd2877a2d.png

Kit, I know you've mentioned this elsewhere:

The short story is: work your way through all 29 exercises (in total, it's about 1.5 hours, from memory), and pay attention to the ones that you find hard, or tricky, or which produce new sensations in the body. These are the ones you need to concentrate on, and we will get to that in detail > Wednesday (like how often, etc.).

But this isn't anywhere on the vimeo page or the top of this forum topic. I feel like it should be stated somewhere so that people who haven't been following these forums so closely understand it is a program to work through from start to finish, rather than just seeing a whole slew of videos and being unsure about what they're meant to do with them.

(On the other hand, you haven't publicly released this yet, so maybe you were planning to incorporate that into your public announcements. Or maybe it's too obvious and I'm fretting about nothing :P)

@thanners: thanks for that, and I have added your post to the original one!

Cheers, K

-I assume that we can do the L(limbering) elements daily, and eventually, when all the programs come out, all L elements from all programs daily (if we want).

-And E elements like once a week, one program per day.

This is the basic idea, but please do experiment. As I've mentioned in other threads, I've been doing E type stretching almost every day at the moment with great benefit. We're all different, explore and find out what works best for you

Awesome job Kit and everyone who is involved!!! I will definitely spread the word in California.

I'm glad you decided to ditch the white sheet and opt for the more natural home-studio setting. It really adds an extra appeal and lets me better relate to what you are doing.

Thanks for this invaluable resource!!

I worked through the whole thing this afternoon and really enjoyed it. I have a feeling I'm going to be sore tomorrow! I found a lot of it very challenging and enjoyed exploring some of the new movements to me like the sumo squat, baby flop and diamond pose. I also had fun trying to play with the free cossack variations. Running through highlighted my left/right differences more than normal. It's gonna take a while to achieve a full squat but getting it will make such a difference to daily living. Thanks again! :)

Just started tonight.

Element L2B (and pretty much any sustained end-position squatting element), while in deep squat, feet shoulder width, parallel facing straight:

I notice that the inside of my ankles are pushing in toward center, to the point where it can be painful. My body wants to naturally alleviate this by rotating the feet outward, away from parallel. Both of my ankles have suffered a few sprains through the years, always rolling over the outside, which has left them with less ROM. I'm wondering if these injuries are to blame for my ankles caving in toward center or if there's some other agility element that needs more work (maybe my hips?).

Rob,

Sounds like an ankle flexibility issue, they push towards the centre because they dont have the flexibility to go forward enough. Focus on exercises E1A - E1D to correct this issue.

Also, to help rehabilitate the damage done by the sprains, do some foot awakening exercises:

part 1

part 2

part 3

I did not feel a stretch in the piriformis for the standing piriformis stretch. I don't think I did it properly and it bothered my knee a bit in my rickety leg that I use to gauge the weather.

Instead, I tried doing it lying on the floor in the fashion of "lying rotation" from the daily five (but without overly twisting) while keeping the legs straight, rotating the top leg and having my kiddo gently press the top leg down. I do get a stretch across the bum area this way. Is the stretch in the proper place?

ETA: Essentially I tried doing the stretch lying down.

Jennifer wrote:

I do get a stretch across the bum area this way.

Yes, perfect.

A key point: this (your reaction to the standing version) is exactly why we have so many versions of the p. stretch (and the ones in MTS are the beginner's ones; there are more to come!).

I review all elements for MTPan (Master the Pancake) today.

I have a problem; Paypal is asking me to link my credit card, but I don't have one. I have always used TopUp to fill my account and I haven't had any problems purchasing online before. Is there a way I could send the money to Kit via Paypal to gain access?

@Duff,

Dont know. Do not think so. I will hazard a guess, it would probably be easier for all involved to find a friend/family member with a credit card and have him/her do the transaction.

cheers,

Frederik

@ Duff: I would rather not, if you can find another way around this problem. Do you have funds in PP at present? I have only been asked to link a cc to PP when I was getting verified, but I was under the impression that if you have a positive balance, you can use without doing this.

Yes, I do have funds in my account, but it isn't verified(need a credit card for that). I haven't had this issue with GB, eBay, etc. It's probably just a Vimeo thing to need a verified account. I'll get someone to do it for me, like Frederik said.

I like the standing piriformis stretch but I can see how it may aggravate knees... it's a much more subtle sensation in the hip than the seated and supine versions of the stretch which immediately highlight the deep rotators. I like E5C and focused on that yesterday... I'll have a play with E5D in my next session, I'd not thought of trying it this way before :)

Hi Kit, i've bought your product and it's great! After "playing" a bit with it (playing, because i still don't know how to use it wisely) my hips feel much, much, much looser :)

I don't feel anything in standing piriformis, but like always, floor one is giving me great relief :)