Here's a Hanging Pec Minor and 'Arm Line/Lung meridian' stretch I have been playing with of late:

I'm really loving the solo and partner versions of the hanging stretches at the moment; more to come. I'm hopefully going to be filming some of the variants of this stretch around Easter time.

Love Oren's haircut, too. Great stretch, Dave.

just tried this with my green band and wow!

tested mobility with a dislocate at 29.5in grip width and 11.2lb's.

I always need to do a few reps to get my shoulder joint loose enough to do smooth pull's and am usually accompanied with usually great effort trying to get it overhead but as soon as it is, it's a piece of cake.

today was completely different. it's like my shoulder was greased properly and the arc was nice and round.

great stretch indeed! only done the solo version so far, looking forward to some partner assistance soon ^_^

Glad you liked it, KeilaniG. The partner version is significantly more powerful than the solo stretch; provided you have a partner who knows how stretch.. The solo version is pretty darn good though.

thanks for the feedback, Dave ^_^ hope to really feel the goodness of ST once I make it out to a workshop, what results i've experience, i know will blow me away once a seasoned practitioner guides me :)

question, i've dislocated my right shoulder before and felt a tiny bit of worry, keeping my arm externally rotated whilst in a stretched "Y" position. would there be any merit to tone it down to a "T" shape or just abbreviate the ROM by making my arms inline with my torso? (as if i were standing facing you, with my arms like a "Y" or "T") hopefully I was clear with my question.

I ask because there were some times when my arm was stretched and behind the plane of my body, where i felt a little bit of fear, especially during the C-R. i did so gingerly and got great results anyway, just wanted to know what you thought about that.

thanks again for the feedback :)

-Keilani

I do a different version of this, standing on the floor with gymnastics rings just over head height. I start by leaning forward, hollow body and straight arms like in a handstand drill, then do a slow half circle back with both arms, very slowly all the way back to a german hang / strappado. :) Makes a good stretch on the entire ROM, stopping on tights parts, and hits the pec minors very well just before the shoulders roll forward.

Joakim - sounds great! I love to use gymnastics rings for stretching, too.

KeilaniG - you can adjust the position a lot of ways, and can certain move from "Y" to "T". I use the "T" version for a more pec major effect in my own body. Internal rotation of the arm will create a different, but also excellent, stretch.

The variant I show is design to maximise the 'exposure' of pec minor: elbow pit pointing down; angle of humerus to spine, plus the 'block' put on the rib cage and scapular, and the tractioning of the fascial sheath of the front arm/biceps.

There are many, many variants to this, a lot of them great stretches; so by all means change up the position - safety is paramount. The workshops are really where the ST work shines brightest..plus they are fun and you will feel awesome afterwards! :)

Thanks so much for this, everyone. One comment: while I like the bands, I feel this stretch benefits from a non-stretchy yoga strap or one ring. My own shoulders are quite sensitive to over-stretching in this ROM, and the non-stretchy support feel safer to me (and hence, feeling safer, I can relax more). We will try this one tomorrow, DW, with Simon, Miss O, and Craig (I will tie yoga strap to ladder bars).

I think you may have found the solo version of the partner stick stretch with this one: congratulations.

I think you may have found the solo version of the partner stick stretch with this one

High praise indeed! Glad you enjoyed and are playing with it.