(Posting here as I couldn't find a better place for it). 

I've recently taken up cycling as my main fitness activity and I was looking through the Stretching and Flexibility 2nd ed. book for some recommendations related to this sport. It contains some for racquet sporta, martial arts, etc. but none for cycling. Could someone recommend a list of exercises (or body parts to concentrate on) from the book related to cycling? 

Hi Endre,

As a starting point I'd keep things simple and consider what shape the body is in whilst cycling, and what muscles will be doing the work. These are the areas likely to become habitually shortened and overworked, so that would be my focus.

Any stretches from the book that target quads & hip flexors, thoracic extension and front of chest will be great, so too any stretches for glutes, hamstrings and calves.

Work through those areas and find the ones that are particularly tight for you.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Everything @CraigR said!  Particularly, the hip flexors, as they are notoriously tight in cyclists.  Shows up a lot in multi-disciplinary athletes - triathlon etc - that need to move their bodies in other ways.

One specific addition, especially if you do a lot of "in the seat" climbing - adductors.  They can quite cop a flogging, and they are for me, quite prone to cramping.

• Like 1