A friend asked me to comment on this rapid-splits method. I was not exactly positive in my response.

See https://hyperbolicstretching.net/fullpower/

However, all is not lost, because I also found this in a website about the technique: "Alex Hyperbolic stretching is a flexibility fitness program that is specially designed for men who are looking to increase their male organ and perform to satisfaction in their responsibility as a man with their wives." Not only rapid splits, but you perform better in bed.

Does everything!

Anyone have any comments, or any experience with it (in terms of flexibility, at least)?

Jim.

2 hours ago, Jim Pickles said:

Anyone have any comments

Sure... If $27 and 32 days were all it took for full splits, then everyone would have full splits ;)

2 hours ago, Jim Pickles said:

or any experience with it

I hope not! :lol:

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jim Pickles said:

However, all is not lost, because I also found this in a website about the technique: "Alex Hyperbolic stretching is a flexibility fitness program that is specially designed for men who are looking to increase their male organ and perform to satisfaction in their responsibility as a man with their wives." Not only rapid splits, but you perform better in bed.

Purely subjective, but I would posit that for most men, the primary impediment to their partner's sexual satisfaction, is not mobility.

Ironic then, that the program should rely on the much more likely basis for bedroom dissatisfaction: being in such a damn hurry.

• Like 1

Also noticed this...

To attend my seminar can cost you anywhere from $270 or $370 or more. My personal one-on-one clients pay me up to $450 for a single 2-hour session. And they're getting just a fraction of what's in The Hyperbolic Stretching Program that's now in front of your eyes. 

I'm sure his personal clients would be glad to know that he's ripping them off...

• Like 1

It gets better...depending on if you go to the men's or women's page, you get custom gender-specific stock models to motivate you! 

image.thumb.png.752b10144d1fa1be0e90b3a5f67a25dc.png

image.thumb.png.5a258101484e89f173d21e19dcdf69c1.png

And in the disclaimer...

THE NAME ALEX LARSSON IS A PSEUDONYM USED BY THE OWNER OF THE SITE.

• Like 1

On a more serious note, my guess is that the protocol is basically an isometric hold program, similar to the Van Zandt protocol for side splits.That would explain the short session time and I also found a couple of IG posts that seemed to suggest iso holds. Not a bad thing, of course, but only one piece in a potentially very complex puzzle. And likely a cookie-cutter version, which can be found for free - Van Zandt for pure ISOs, Emmet's dirty SS and other protocols for more completeness/variation, etc.

• Like 2

@Nathan " Sure... If $27 and 32 days were all it took for full splits, then everyone would have full splits " - well, its obvious that they've not tried hyperbolic stretching.

I just wonder if the name is a joke - and in fact its all a joke - based on "hyperbole". To see how many gullible people there are in the world?

• Like 1

Its not similar to Van Zandt at all.

The program is "over-hyped" .

Joint Circle Warm up.
Then Strengthening exercises. This is straight of of Tom Kurz Secrets of Stretching video (His second tape).
100-200 hamstring curls with ankle weights (he does it from standing, Kurz lying on a bench face down).
100-200 adductor flys with Ankle weight
The above is done in one long set each.

The alternative is to use machines with heavier weights 20-30 reps x 2 sets

Then what he calls "Static active lifts". You basically lift your leg to the front while straight (from standing) and hold it for  for prescribed time. Starting at 6 seconds for 3 sets. Each new day of practice you add a second of time, once you hit 10 secs start over at 6 seconds but with ankle weights.
Then from the side, and from the rear. If you pay extra for his advanced program you do it with ankle weights...

Protocol for his timings are
"There are two tension-relax durations you can use. Both are equally effective, however the second one is more demanding: • Consciously tense your already stretched muscles for 5 seconds applying about 30-40% of maximal tension. Relax for about 3 seconds and increase the stretch. Tense the muscles again for 5 seconds, now with 50% - 60% of your maximal tension. Again, release the tension, wait for 3 seconds and try to increase the stretch. Repeat again, now with maximal tension held for 5 seconds. Then relax and increase the stretch. Now tense again with maximum power and hold the stretch for at least 12 – 15 seconds. Your set is now over. Change legs and repeat the set. Rest about 30 seconds. Repeat at least 2 times for each leg. • 

or this protocol -----Consciously tense your already stretched muscle and hold the tension for 10-12 seconds, applying 30% to 40% of maximal tension. Relax and increase the stretch. Repeat the 10-12 second tension two more times with 50% - 60% of your maximum and then one last time again with 100% of your maximum. Your set is now over. Change legs and repeat the set. Rest about 30 seconds. Repeat the at least two times for each leg."

The stretches are off a table or bar. So single leg for the first 3 weeks.

So front splits start from a front kick position on a table or bar, and do isometrics into it.
side splits do it from a side kick position.
This way you get to practice apply tension to only one side inititally, and you dont have to freak out trying to support all your weight on one area to begin with to reduce fear reactivity.

The basic program doesnt have the Static active lifts. and goes for 4 weeks. First 3 weeks are as written above (minus static active lifts), last week is same protocols, but this time you assume front split position and side split position on the ground and repeat.

you must do the program 4 days a week, they recommend mon, tues, thursday, friday.
and simple relaxed static stretched for 15 mins every other day.
Nothing to weird or strange in the basic edition of the book. Its like a cheap copy of Kurz Secrets of Stretching, but with timings and reps provided...

Advanced version. (pay extra for it)

Joint circles
Strength Exercises
Static Active lifts
then same protocol of isometrics as above

but only do the single leg isometrics work for 2 weeks, and in the 3rd week change and do splits off the ground. and that you should achieve the side splits in 3 weeks on advanced version 😅
4 times a week, static stretches everyday for 15 mins relaxed on off days.

basically nothing for the upper body

Advanced version then goes onto to say that your "wang" will grow and get 1-3 inches bigger from following this method etc...its kind of weird to have this in a stretching book....

Does the program work? I suppose it could have merit.. but side splits for guys who are +30cm away from the ground in 28 days on the basic version and 21 days for the advanced version I feel is very misleading, and basically impossible for those in that starting position.

is it worth the money? I am going to say no.
If you want to understand the program and the science buy Stretching Scientifcally by Tom Kurz instead. If you want  cues and pointers and a bunch of stretches to apply stretching scientifically, then get Pavels Beyond Stretching seminar series... All the info for how to do the splits is available free online. All you are paying others for after doing your own research is reassurance of a method, or to blame someone if you fail to achieve your goals 😉.

This dudes program is not like Dan Van Zandt's at all.

Side note, I am following Dan's new program, and for those who may be interested, Dan is doing his PHD in BioPhysics specializing in flexibility ( he has a B in Kin and MS in Kinesiology). And he will be releasing a new book/program soon ( I am not sure when, I dont think it will be out before Christmas), the guy really knows his stuff. and only uses good form, emphasizes prerequisite strength protocols, before allowing you to actually progress onto doing splits training after a few months (how ever long it takes for you to meet his standards). he only recommends science back protocols. And doesnt like hyped up BS pseudo scientific methods.

Dan's method is
Make sure your body is healthy and capable of practice.
Get strong.
Use your strength training to enhance your flexibility.
Then reinforce it with specific protocols for splits. ( I have not started this phase, but will in a month after I finish foundation phase)

I have healed my injured groin (strained it really bad 18 months ago, just standing in 120 degree split was agony)
Healed a hamstring strain at the origin from attempting Ballistic Stretching 2 years ago.
All using Dan's method, no physio and other programs helped at all.

Never felt better, legs are so strong, no joint pain. Science backed programming by a 3 time world champion who is finishing his PHD.

Cheers

Gray.

• Like 1

Hi @Gray84,

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for sharing. So it's basically some warm-ups, followed by a few sets of shorter ISOs keeping times fixed and focusing on progressing ROM. Nothing surprising there, but I suppose it's nice to know the program is not complete trash.

Also, glad to hear you've worked through your groin and hamstring issues. Feel free to stick around and share your knowledge with the community here :)

• Like 1