Sign in to follow this  
jrosenb4

ABSS + All Master Programs... Anything Missing?

Hi all,

I purchased all 3 ABSS programs and gradually - painfully! - worked my way through them multiple times over the past 8 months.

I recently purchased all of the Master programs, and am slowly working my way through them one by one.

I'm taking notes on which stretches need extra attention, and building my own programming.

My only question: Is there any stretch/muscle/body part that taken together these programs don't cover? 

The videos have been fantastic and more than worth the purchase price, so I'm happy to purchase any/all additional videos/books/whatever that might be necessary.

Thanks!

Hey there,

Great to hear you're enjoying the programs!

The ABSS programs cover all of the basics and the Master programs dive into more extreme end ranges for specific poses used in gymnastics and some other sports/practices. These should give you enough material to work with for a very long time, but if you want the ST Bible, so to speak, you might consider picking up a copy of Kit's Stretching & Flexibility, which should be available from Amazon US/UK and several other sites. This is the book you want to help you build your own programming, and it will provide a great reference of the overall ST system.

While certainly not necessary, there are also some great whole-body follow-along programs on Kit's Vimeo channel, as well as more specialized programs if you're looking to work on something specific.

Hope that helps!

On 8/13/2019 at 2:42 AM, Nathan said:

Hey there,

Great to hear you're enjoying the programs!

The ABSS programs cover all of the basics and the Master programs dive into more extreme end ranges for specific poses used in gymnastics and some other sports/practices. These should give you enough material to work with for a very long time, but if you want the ST Bible, so to speak, you might consider picking up a copy of Kit's Stretching & Flexibility, which should be available from Amazon US/UK and several other sites. This is the book you want to help you build your own programming, and it will provide a great reference of the overall ST system.

While certainly not necessary, there are also some great whole-body follow-along programs on Kit's Vimeo channel, as well as more specialized programs if you're looking to work on something specific.

Hope that helps!

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for following up. For context, I came across Kit's work after listening to David Goggins on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Goggins talked about some strange bump he had on the back of his head, that a medical professional described him as the tightest person he had ever seen, and that stretching had alleviated many of his health problems.

Well I had a strange bump in my lower back, my RMT said I was the tightest person he had ever come across, and stretching out has done wonders for my health and well-being.

I was so inflexible that I spent several hours each day for 6 whole months just doing the first absolute beginner hip flexor stretch... it was pure agony, but the good kind of agony.

I've seen similar issues/progress across all movements, so I want to be thorough.

I'll check out your book recommendation.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

You're very welcome!

5 hours ago, jrosenb4 said:

Well I had a strange bump in my lower back, my RMT said I was the tightest person he had ever come across, and stretching out has done wonders for my health and well-being.

I was so inflexible that I spent several hours each day for 6 whole months just doing the first absolute beginner hip flexor stretch... it was pure agony, but the good kind of agony.

I've seen similar issues/progress across all movements, so I want to be thorough.

With that in mind, I'd like to make one final recommendation. Kit has many free lying relaxation scripts available both on these forums and on the Stretch Therapy website. I suggest searching the forums for "lying relaxation" to read about the practice itself and then download a few scripts. Adding this to your regular practice will be huge.

Enjoy the journey!