I'm moving through this series well enough, challenge and mindful. It is hard work, but doable.  Until I got to program 16. I cannot cross my legs, and I don't mean meditation sitting. I never could, even as a kid. (Which was a long time ago.) More than anything, I feel my ankles complaining. This means, of course, that the warm-up was completely lost for me. I couldn't bend enough to feel my back. Any ideas?

Thanks, Rina

Hi Rina,

I suggest you try sitting on a higher (as high as you need!) cushion/prop. This should lessen the stress on your ankles until your flexibility increases to allow you sit on a lower cushion comfortably. Additionally, you could place something soft under your ankles for added comfort. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I do add more cushions for sitting. I just tried putting something soft under my ankles as you suggested ( firm pillow). It did allow for more movement, but not enough to feel a decent stretch in my back. The ankles were still taking center stage. Any other ideas? Thanks

In that case, you may want to do the sequence while sitting in a chair, as Kit mentions briefly in the very beginning. For best results, you will want to set something in front of you that is around the same height as your legs so that you can use it in place of the floor as a support. Let us know if that works for you!

• Like 2

Thanks Nathan. Until you explained to have something available the height of my legs, I wasn't sure how to substitute the chair. Maybe not as elegant as on the floor, but this worked for me. I think my back got a good stretch. 

• Like 2

That's great to hear! Glad it worked. Let us know if you have any other issues, and feel free to share your progress and successes too! :D