Kit_L

Announcing a competition for the Absolute Beginner's Stretching series

In preparing for the Absolute Beginner's Stretching series, I want to announce a competition. We need a completely new look for the poster that Vimeo requires for any series. This competition is open to anyone, anywhere.

The specs are the poster needs to be 1080px wide x 1600px high (so portrait format) and Vimeo's suggestions are to make it 'striking and simple' (and keep in mind it will be seen on small mobile device screens and tablets as well as some laptops).

To remind you of the posters we have used so far, click on the link below.

https://vimeo.com/kitlaughlin/vod_pages

We want a new and interesting look; the key elements need to be:

1: the name "Absolute Beginner's Stretching" [the word 'series', optional],

2: an image or design of a solo exercise that you feel conveys ease of use, gracefulness and other Good Things;

3. StretchTherapy.net, so our "brand" (god, I hate that word) is part of it. I don't want to limit you in any way, so please show us what you've got.

We will be publishing all the contenders' work on Facebook (the Stretch Therapy page) and announcing the winner there, too. We hope this will add to the buzz.

The prize is free attendance at any one of our workshops, including the Teacher Intensive Program if you have the prerequisites! Get that design pen out, and get going!

Please send entries to olivia@stretchtherapy.net

Edited by Kit_L
added solo exercise detail
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Shared! And sadly designing is not one of my strong suits :P

never say never! Have you tried Canva.com???

1) Time frame: up until we find one we like, and

2) As many entries as you like!

• Like 1

We realised that I had not specified a solo exercise for the poster; I have amended the first post here to reflect this. One of the features of this program (along with follow-along, self-contained content) is that all exercises are solo.

• Like 2

Hey Kit,

Would love to participate in this! I have a few questions before I start so I place some constraints on myself:

1. Is this new style going to be used also for future ST posters, or is it just a one-off? Maybe that's hard to answer before you see the results of the comp. Basically—should the end result be that this looks like a subset of regular ST branding, or is entirely it's own thing?
  2. What kind of tone are you going for? Professional and authoritative? Friendly and welcoming? Gym-y? Yoga-y? 
  3. Do you have any high-quality assets (logo vector, hi-res photos, etc) that would be useful?

17 hours ago, morgoe said:

1. Is this new style going to be used also for future ST posters, or is it just a one-off? Maybe that's hard to answer before you see the results of the comp. Basically—should the end result be that this looks like a subset of regular ST branding, or is entirely it's own thing?

Depends; the intention was to have a new look, and specific to the ABS program. Using the ST logo shows the world it's part of our offerings.

2. What kind of tone are you going for? Professional and authoritative? Friendly and welcoming? Gym-y? Yoga-y?

Once you spend some  time here, you will get a feel of the tone. Not Gym-y not Yoga-y. Our work.

3. Do you have any high-quality assets (logo vector, hi-res photos, etc) that would be useful?

All images on our FB page and the many galleries there are 1200 x 1200. I can supply higher-rez versions of any of them, usually. And email me for the logo vector. Thanks, KL

Have you got some traction on this? A friend just tried 99designs which is a design tendering/shortlisting site, with lots of great jobbers contributing... not sure if you can barter the fee though!

Thanks Swiss Danny

We have received some entries, and will leave it another 36 hours given the time difference between Aus and where many of our crew are located.

Cheers and thanks

Olivia

• Like 1